The admission process into this program is very competitive. Although we would like to make this wonderful opportunity available to as many children as possible, at this time we only have a limited number of available spots.
Parents, please note that priority will be given to low-income families and children who have never had the opportunity to learn an instrument. However, all children are encouraged to apply. In order to ensure that we are giving opportunities to those who need it most, all families will be asked to provide proof of income starting in September 2012.
Interested students will be asked to complete a rigorous application process that will require the following:
- A Completed application, including proof of income
- An essay on the applicant’s interest in music (for older children)
- A student evaluation form completed by a teacher
- Attendance at the UCMP orientation. (Parents are required to participate)
Student Selection Criteria
Once you submit all requisites above, the student selection process will be as follows:
- Application review
- Announcement of preselected applicants
- Evaluation of preselected applicants by a student selection committee
- Meeting with parents
- Selection of candidates based on student evaluation and meeting with parents of preselected students
- Announcement of selected students